3/28/2008

Nerdical: Macrosoft

I'm so proud of myself. I turned my Mac into a 1/2 Mac 1/2 Windows computer for only $159.00. Whoopie! Now I can use all my programs and still use the mac. 1/2 the disc is Windows and 1/2 is still "Buster the iMac". There are lots of programs that I use that aren't on Mac... now I can use them and watch the Free Crappy Netflix streaming movies. I can also use it for a back up Windows computer, business, packing and shipping label computer as the years go by. What a way to make use of an aging computer and use it for years into the future. Yeah!

I'm looking into re-doing my computer business system and now I can use my Mac as part of it too! I may get a huge screened laptop so I can move around my "business" stuff. I get stuck in the front room and it drives me crazy sometimes because of all the distractions. When summer comes it's really hot and if I re-do my web/sales/business system I can move it to any room and get better air conditioning in the center of the house. I can also be warmer in the winter by not sitting in the front room. I just want to be able to move my business around and be able to work in different locations. And now there are laptops with huge screens, faster wireless connections, and the most important thing... two hard drives so I don't have to lug around a back up hard drive.

One of my computers died a month ago and I had to replace a hard drive. Because there are two drives writing the same information at the same time I only have to put in a new one and wall-ah it'll be fixed. Cool, huh? And that's the Nerdical!