4/26/2007

DVD of the Year: Planet Earth

I know you think I'm nuts and stupid but this is the best DVD I've seen all year. It just came out on HD DVD and I have to watch it on a computer montitor through my XBOX 360 HD add on since I don't have an HD TV (and won't spend more than $500 on a TV) and blah, blah, blah. It's the most amazing thing I've seen since my all time favorite DVD set "The Life Of Mammals". It's by the same people that did TLOM but it's about the Planet Earth. Each show shows a type of geography and the animals that live there. In the first two shows they had Polar Bears (and babies), Grizzly Bears (and babies), Panda Bear (and baby), along with super rare russian wildcats, Snow Leopards, and many others. It's jaw droppingly amazing. I know trying to get you to watch a documentary about about nature is like trying to get you to like John Lennon but I have to at least mention it. Imagine the most amazing cinematography you've ever seen and times that by ten and then add 100. It's all real. These are real animals that actually live... but they're so different than humans, so alien. They show Tibet, Snow Leopards in mountains in India while it's snowing, wolves hunting, dogs hunting in Africa, penguins, bears, birds of pardise, and that's just in the first two shows. It's all in HD. Amazing. Every living human should see these shows to make their life happier and see things they'd never be able to see without spending $20,000 to go into a helicopter and pay for a wildlife guide. It would be a sin if I didn't tell you about these shows. It's also available on regular DVD.
Link to BBC Info Page
Link to DVD on Amazon