4/26/2008

Saturday

Saturday is here. No work. No thinking about work. Just spending the weekend doing whatever comes to mind. 

The weather hasn't been the greatest so I've still been inside a little more than I'd like. Saturdays are for reading the paper, watching Baseball (or Basketball), makin' lunch, playing video games and taking naps.

The new GTA (Grand Theft Auto) comes out next week and I'm kind of excited to play as the new protagonist who's an immigrant in New York (Liberty City) and "'jack some cars" and run over some video game people. I was playing the last game recently where you're a black kid from '90s South Central LA and shooting "gang bangers" and doin' drive-bys with my "hood girlfriend" (who likes to do drive-bys on dates). There is something very disturbing about these games but they're so over the top they're obviously spoofs of movies and pop culture. They're so open ended you can almost do anything. I like getting on a motorcycle and crusing at top speed only to jump off some ramp to make the bike fly in the air and eventually crash into a bunch of cars. What fun! I got so sick of my annoying girlfriend in the game that I had my character (C.J.) run her over after takin' her to a seedy neighborhood bar. Who says video games aren't positive? 

World of Warcraft is still Marc's favorite so he's said he'll run around with me in Azeroth until my guy gets leveled up to 70 (I'm at 59) which could take many, many hours of dungeon crawling. The new WOW expansion pack comes out later this year. I really think you'd love that world. Lots of girls play it. I haven't played in months but it's one of those games that there are always quests to do and it's super social. You chat with people all the time in game.

I love me some Saturdays!