8/02/2008

Beauty of Graphic Novels

After being frustrated with a terrible time consuming book like "Twilight", I switched to reading a few comics or "graphic novels" as the comic cognoscenti call them.

Here are a few reasons why "graphic novels" are cool.
1) They're the perfect mix of book and movie
2) They only take a couple hours to read
3) They're nerdy and intelligent like books
4) They've got super cool art (in most cases)
5) They're entertaining and action oriented

The new Batman movie reminded me how much I love the Batman in comics. There are many thousands of GNs that are out there and most are available at the library for free! My brother got me two for my B-Day and I'm excited to read them. It's like a cool movie in a book that I can read anytime. 

Pay no attention to the stigma of comics because you're missing out on some really great stories and fantastic art.