6/20/2008

Backyard Animals: Meadow Vole

Hello lil' furry cutie baby. I can add a 'nimal to my backyard creature habitat. Introducing, the Meadow Vole. I did have one of these little guys in my house last year (which I thought was a hamster because it just didn't look like a mouse). 

I put out a couple pieces of bread and sat down to read the paper. I kept hearing weird little sounds coming out of the bottom of the garage. There were two little voles trying to pull a giant half piece of bread under the garage. They're so cute and tiny like a mouse.

They're look like a cross between a mouse and a mole. They're eyes are really small and they must live in darkness and have poor eyesight. 

The squirrel babies are getting bigger and there seems to be only one chipmunk this year. I hope there are more chippies soon. There were six in the yard last year. There are also two bunnies. I'm going to try and identify some of the bugs too.