6/22/2008

Shonen Knife - I Wanna Eat Choco Bars

Someone must have given me a Shonen Knife cassette when I was in middle school because I totally remember loving this song and the album it was on. I don't know why I know this but I used to love it and listen to it on my walkman. I think I knew they were from Japan but it's interesting now because of that weird Japanese accent. They weren't at all sexy and they were horrible musicians... but for some reason I know this album. We used to get lots of free cassettes from these guys at Tatters (and tons of promo posters, etc...) because it was under GHQ where my dad worked when we were kids. Ah, the good ol' days. I still can't remember how I know this song... but I love it. Who knew songs could be about how great Choco bars are? No joke. It blew my mind at the time. I didn't know you could write songs about candy.