6/13/2008

Father's Day

Be sure to do something extraordinary for your dad and brother this FD. I just saw the rest of that TAL (This American Life) episode about guy's named John Smith. I'm sure it was a Father's Day episode because it was all about guy's with the name John Smith and their lives. The John Smith's were of all different ages and backgrounds. From old to young, they were all really good stories... and it was an hour long (as apposed to the regular half-hour).

That is such a great show. It always focuses on something that's really simple but it comes across as being amazing. They explored all these male lives of different ages and it's something I've never seen done as beautifully. That show is absolutely breathtaking and always makes me cry like the little John Smith baby that was the youngest featured John Smith.

Also, I hope you get to see Kevin Garnett on HDTV for his last game (hopefully) on Father's Day. Are you at K's this weekend? While I was watching the game yesterday it dawned on me that those guys are Superheroes. They're so athletic, tall, and super talented. It really comes across on an HDTV. It's like being there on the court. Those guys are amazing and I hope they win soon. I kind of hope they win at home. Home crowds are always more emotional... but Father's Day Finals win would probably mean a lot to those guys and their dads on the Celtics. Go KG, Go Celtics! Go This American Life! Go new babies in our families!