8/23/2007

Want A Scary Movie?

Remember how I was telling you that as the summer turns into fall I always want to see scary movies and read scary books? Well, I knew that Zodiac was going to be a little creepy but I thought it would just be a detective story about the late 1960s and early '70s with actors with funny beards, clothing, and haircuts driving around San Fransisco trying to find a killer, boy, was I wrong. Zodiac was probably the best and creepiest movie I've seen in years. Wow. I could hardly get to bed. I was thinking about it all night and making up reasons why the Zodiac killer wouldn't come to get me so I could get to sleep. What was that? The wind in the trees or the Zodiac?

I thought it was a great movie. Scary, creepy, super suspenseful, great acting, and super cool sets, props, and costumes. I love the movies of the 70s and was just telling Andy that I wish there were more movies from that era on Blu-Ray. I think that you'd like it alot. Your dark X-files side would like it... and the best part is that it's true! It's an amazing story with puzzles, twists, and killings. Wow!

You may want to break up the viewing into two nights. It's long. I don't know how long exactly because I was really into it but it's a long movie. You have to watch it at night... and when you're done you'll have to up the Zodiac killer on Wikipedia because there are links to some of the stuff in the movie. It was a fantastic movie. I'm still thinking about it. Creepy... but really good creepy because it happened before we were even born and he can't still be out there killing, can he?