11/18/2007

Art and Miracles

Yes, I absolutely agree with you that babies are miracles. All babies... even scorpion babies and eel babies. Piggy babies too! Every aspect of life is a miracle but babies are super-miracles!

I love art! There was a show about modern art in HD tonight on PBS. I love the absurdity and preposterousness of modern artists. There were some great artists featured. I am always forever fascinated by your stigmas against certain things in our world. I would bet dollars to donuts that you have some sh-opinions about "art" and they aren't positive.

I love installation art. Maybe it's because I worked at MCAD and all those weirdo kids were so into what they were doing. I don't know. I hate art people. I don't even know any famous artists. I have very limited knowledge of "the art" but I love it.

Art is anything you want it to be. It's only you who has to decide what it means (if anything) to you. You don't have to know anything and you don't have to be able to explain it. You can enjoy a symphony without knowing how to play a violin, right? You decide if you like it or not. That's it. Art is freedom. You're not supposed to think anything or feel anything other than what you want to feel when you are enjoying (or hating) it. It's only what you want it to be.

My favorites forms of art are: Installations, really old religious paintings, old "masters" paintings, super cute commercial designs and characters (like chubby stars with smiley faces), guitar shapes, absurdist stuff, surrealism like Dali, and sketch drawings and doodles, and comic books from the 1960s and 70s. What are yours?