11/22/2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! It's snowing here. It's the first snow of the year where it's making the ground white. I love the first few snows of the year (until it gets bone chillingly cold).

The paper came packed with "doorbuster" sale ads. Can you believe that some stores are opening at four o'clock AM and most at five AM? That's nuts. "Who ahhhrree these people?" (say that in a bad stand-up Jerry Seinfield voice). Who needs to buy Spider-man 2 or Mystic Pizza on DVD for $2.49 at 5 in the morning? That would be crazy zombie people who are terrible consumers, if you will. I had to figure out a way to use "if you will". I did hear "actually" on some news story the other day. I still haven't heard "if you will" in the wild yet.

I'm on my second year of doing a Thanksgiving Fiesta! Last year was probably the nicest Thanksgiving I've had in years. I don't make turkey or any of the "traditional" thanksgiving foods, if you will (doesn't really work here but I'm trying to be funny). I make tacos! I've never been a big fan of turkey and yams. I don't think you like yams do you? They seem like something mushy you wouldn't like. And instead of trying to be Martha Stewart, if you will, I get to do something new and fresh. Tacos! Yummy! Since I'm not eating yucky turkey it doesn't remind me of the past yucky turkeys I've had to choke down. Turkey, cranberries, and pumpkin pie is about as appetizing as sushi to me. It just doesn't make me excited to eat. I'll be muchin' on Tacos with all the fixings.