10/22/2007

Fall is Here

One of my favorite seasons is finally here! I notice not only by the chilly weather but the fattening up of the little squirrelies. The once svelte squirrels have finally bulked up for the winter. They are so cute and chubby.

One of the Creepy Peepies (aka Neighborhood Creepies) was throwing nuts to a squirrel when I was walking back from the Convention Grill yesterday. The squirrel even thought he was creepy. I went and got a hamburger, alone. I've been a little miserable from being stuffed up. I keep forgetting I have allergy problems a couple weeks in the spring and fall. They're much easier to deal with now that I don't smoke. I got some Tylenol and Claratin from Target last week and take one when I'm feeling sinus pressure and eat stuffiness. They work because last night I had the biggest headache before the NLCS championship game (Go Sox!) and after taking a Tylenol it went away. I used to be really anti-medicine but I'm starting to pop a pill if I'm not feeling well so at least I can prevent myself from being sick and miserable.

I'm going to go down to the Wild Rumpus to see if they have any cool Halloween books and then write down the titles and order them for the kids (no tax and free shipping on Amazon.com). I hope I get to see the new kitten. The last kitten "Sumo Mouse" is a Russian Blue which I think refers to it's Grey coat and yellow eyes. He was really cute last time I went there and let me pet him while he closed his eyes and had his little paws out.

Not only have I noticed nannies in the neighborhood this year. I've started to notice dog walkers. They'll have four or five dogs and be walking around and down by the lake. Is Linden Hills that snooty? I can hardly deal with the Co-op assholes and the Turtle bread women. Is my neighborhood that snooty? I feel a little out of place because everyone is older than me but I'd much rather live here over anywhere else in Minneapolis (or Minnesota) because there are a lot of things I had to deal with in other neighborhoods growing up that don't even exist here... and the lake is really quite pretty. But I do wish I could live in an area that was a little less "urban" so I could see signs for free puppies and kittens on the side of the road.