10/30/2007

New Words To Add To Your Vocabulary

I was looking through some of the submissions for new words to the Merriam Webster's Dictionary. Some are pretty funny and I think I'm going to start using. Also, there's a "man" word in there. Try practicing some of these because I think they're clever or just plain dumb... but I really want to start calling my Grandma, G-ma. That's funny. Get your nieces to start calling your mom G-ma! I'll get Marc's kids to start using it. Here are the new words:

manorexic (noun) : A male who is anorexic. This term is significant due to the low percentages of males who have anorexia nervosa.
Look at his skinny arms, he must be a manorexic. —James St. James, Freak Show, 2007

G-pa(ma) (noun) : An affectionate way of referring to one's grandpa/grandma.
Due to his failing health, my g-pa had to relocate to a warmer climate.

sexytary (noun) : a very sexy, attractive, and seductive secretary
He's always eager to go to work because of his sexytary.

And I there was an article about this one in the NY Times:
Link to Va-Jay-Jay
I guess people on TV have been using Va-Jay-Jay in place of Vagina. It was on 30 Rock and Oprah uses it... I think it's funny. There was an episode of South Park a year or two ago about Oprah's Va-Jay-Jay that you'll have to see sometime.

Update: according to a Shlog super-fan that emailed me: the word va-jay-jay was used in an episode of Scrubs many many years ago.