12/14/2007

Juno

It seems like this movie was made for you. It's been getting rave reviews (I couldn't find a review from Chris Hewitt though). It has a couple of your favorite actors and it's supposed to be funny and positive.

There have been numerous articles about it in the paper and the StarTribune guy gave it four (out of four) stars. It's supposed to be better than Knocked Up and from the looks of it's graphics it's supposed to be this year's "Too Cool For School" movie. Think pregnant Napolean Dynamite? I don't know why all the fuss but I'll probably see it eventually.

But it could also be a movie that you already hate and don't want to see. I don't know if the marketing is turning you on or off but it's supposed to be good and this seems like the kind of movie you'd like. I still have to see King of Kong but I did finally get to see Harry Potter Phoenix. The movies just remind me how phenomenal the books are. I liked the wand duel at the end and the big ball of water and the Ministry of Magic and the kitten plates, meow (I know how much you hate kitten meows but I like them).

Also, there is the Golden Compass movie that hasn't gotten very good reviews. If you haven't read those books there are three of them and they are very good. They're really imaginative and semi-controversial (which is good). I really like the author's writing but I think he's probably kind of an old curmudgeon British guy. You should check them out. Enjoyable adventure that reads really fast. I'll probably read them again soon.

Juno Reviews at Rotten Tomatoes

Juno Official Website