5/23/2008

Weezer - Pork and Beans

Could be another "classic" tune by "The Weez". I got some emotional chills when the chorus kicks in. Do you recognize the viral videos it's homaging (is that even a word)? Type "Chocolate Rain", "Mentos Diet Coke", "Chris Crocker", etc... into YouTube if you want to see some of the original "viral" videos... or just look up the most popular on YouTube. It's very "meta"... I hear that word a lot these days.
Also, I still believe that Weezer puts on stage costumes of "slackers" when they perform and in their videos. Wouldn't that be funny. I wish I was a writer so I could put that in a book. A band the dresses nerdy to sell records and appeal to the kids but in real life they wear "normal people" clothes. Did I ever put up their video with animals? I do like Weezer but I always think the lead singer is a little creepy. Best "summer song" so far? Hrrm. Whadayouthink?
Dads and Grads is in the hizouse!