7/26/2007

Happy Birfday to Me!

I've been celebrating my birthday all week. It started with a brand new HD-TV with a Blu Ray PS3 to watch HD movies and play games in HD. I've also been on Summer Break because it's a slower time. I'm still working but only about an hour every day.
I also got two Curb Your Enthusie Series, a nice card from you, my grandma, and my mom. My brother and his kids called and sang happy birthday on the answering machine. I wasn't home to answer it. And I got a book in the mail today that I pre-ordered months ago and I forgot about so it was like a birthday present to me from me that I was totally surprised at. Also, the best movie ever made comes out this week in HD... Purple Rain. It was also a little bizarre day too. The power went out. It was the hottest day of the year until this afternoon when all of a sudden out of nowhere there was the biggest thunderstorm I've seen in years. It looked like a tsunami outside for about 20 minutes and then it cleared up.

I think I decided what I want to do with my life. I want to live on a little farm that is at least five miles from any paved road (you have to drive on a dirt road to get there) in a state that has no snow and doesn't get below 40 degrees and doesn't get above 85 degrees with lots of chickens, a handful of cats that live outside and in the barn, and a couple of dogs that take care of the goats or sheep (sheep are cuter). I have a old guy that takes care of the farm animals and I call him The Hand (for Ranch Hand) and he lives in a shack miles away and comes everyday. The farm is self sufficient and I can do other things all day. I'd go into town once in a while to get white bread and bologna for sandwiches (because small town grocery stores don't sell anything else) and have cookouts all the time.

They have a baby chicken at the kid's bookstore. I picked him up and pet him for about twenty minutes. He's really cute. It got me thinking that I'd really love to have alot of space. I mean alot... we used to live in the country in Hudson and had miles of fields and woods in every direction. I kind of miss that. I'd really like to have some freedom to have animals but not living in the house. Like have a whole gang of cats and never get them neutered and they could live forever on the farm and drink goats milk. Nummy. I could also have a pond with fish in it and the cats would sit by the edge and watch the goldfish all day. And a hammock too. I don't know how it would make money because I hate doing redundant labor so I'd have to have some people come in to shave the sheep during the day. I could also raise puppies and they'd live in the barn with the hay next to the baby sheep. Just a fantasy from seeing the chicken baby and the kitties at the bookstore. I wonder if it'd ever be possible to live in a nice little house with a few acres of land. We used to be able to ride motorcycle dirt bikes, tractors, dig holes, make forts, go exploring, shoot fireworks (I started a fire in the field once and the fire dept. had to come... I was blowing up ant mounds with my brother), shoot BB guns, ride on snowmobiles. You can do a lot in the country. I'd consider eating baloney sandwiches for a few chickens.

Now I'm on my third Capt. Morange and Rum (Capt. Morgan and Orange Juice). I made up that name. What's it called when you combine words? Like Manties? Or my new favorite that I made up yesterday for my IKEA futon... the Slouch (Sleeping Couch).