7/12/2007

Rent Me - Extras

Looking for an adult comedy in the same league as CYE or Arrested Development? Extras is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. It's Brit-ish (in a British accent) so there may be some mens you like. It's the guy that did the Office (which is absolutely brilliant). The series is really short and weighs in at only six half hour episodes but it's super hilarious. It's very low key but really smart. I can't recommend a better show (besides CYE or AD). It has celebrity guests in every episode and the extra behind the scene show is just as funny.

I highly recommend it because I want to see what you think. It's really really short (too short) so it doesn't wear you out. It's a fantastic show that you'd really like. Very British and laid back but like CYE when the funny comes it explodes. I was watching the second season and I was exploding with laughter. It's way too short and I watched the behind the scenes show and was laughing even harder.

There is a character on the show that I think you will love. I'm not going to tell you who but one of the guys on the show could be one of your favorite characters ever. If you ever watch the show I'll say, "See, I told you... I knew it". I want to see if you pick up on it. But Ricky Gervais is absolutely brilliant. You shouldn't miss it.