5/30/2007

Cool Site You May Not Know

Here's a couple of cool websites you may or may not know about. I would think that you'd really dig them because it seems like the kind of thing that would make your web life a little more interesting...
All you do with these two websites is put in the kind of music you like and they play you songs that you'd most likely also like. So say you want to hear Maroon 5... just type in Maroon 5 and they'll play you songs by them and by similar artists... for free.
www.last.fm
www.pandora.com

Also, if you want to buy a record but don't know if it's any good try. Just type in a band or artist and click on 'discography' and you'll see pretty reliable star ratings of albums. Also check out allmovie for movies. You'll increase your good album chances and good movie chances without having to be a music or movie snob.
www.allmusic.com
www.allmovie.com

You can use 'Shuffles' in place of the little white man until he gets fixed (hopefully). I'll know late tomorrow what the diagnosis will be after I get it charged up and get the case open. It may be a little while to get him fixed. I got the battery, case openers, and charger on two day shipping but I don't know how long it will take to get a hard drive if needed. I've read some forums about trying other things like re-connecting the connections and slapping the ipod in my hand to loosen whatever is sticking the hard drive... if that doesn't work I'll get a new one in. But I'll double check first... because it may be a better deal to buy a new one than spend $140.00 for a hard drive... because most places don't even cover new hard drives under any warranty... or it's only a 90 day coverage.