6/21/2007

AFI List Top 100 Films of All Time

I love lists. The American Film Institute has re-done their top 100 this year. How many have you seen? I was just talking about maybe watching The Godfather again. I've been a little facinated with Brando lately. I saw a good documentary about him. I thought he was old when he did the Godfather but it's all make-up and movie magic. Anyway, here are my favorites from the top 100 movies of all time:
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Raging Bull
Singin' in the Rain
Gone With the Wind
Vertigo
Wizard of Oz
The Searchers
Star Wars
Sunset Blvd.
It's a Wonderful Life
Chinatown
Some Like It Hot
E.T.
High Noon
The Maltese Falcon
Snow White
Rocky, The Apartment, Lord of the Rings, A Streetcar Named Desire, Rear Window, etc...
and many more. I'd say about 1/2 of the list are really good movies. Would you ever consider watching old movies? Did an old movie beat you up when you were a kid? Why do you hate old movies so much? I can picture one of your nightmares. Only beans and bananas to eat while kittens are meowing and a black and white movie is on the TV and your missing your arms.